Mechanical Engineering Laboratory Facilities
- The Department has excellent laboratory infrastructural facilities and the Students are trained in the following laboratories to enhance their practical skills.
Manufacturing Technology Laboratory
- Manufacturing technology laboratory enhances students to study and practice the various machining, operations that can be performed in lathe, shaping, drilling, milling, etc., and equip students with the practical knowledge required in the manufacturing/production companies. This lab helps students to study and practice the basic machining operations in the special purpose machines and acquire its applicability in the real time components manufacturing industries.
Engineering Practices Laboratory
- The freshers who are coming for professional education must be aware of all type of engineering works with proper standard procedure.This laboratory is used to provide exposure to the first year students with hands on experience on various basic engineering practices in civil, mechanical, electrical and electronics engineering.
Thermal Engineering Laboratory
- In this laboratory students will have the opportunity to study the working principle of IC engines (both CI and SI engines), performance and characteristics in terms of heat balancing, economical speed variations, air fuel ratio influence on the engine to reinforce classroom theory by having the student perform required test, analyze subsequent data and present the results in a professionally prepared report. The machines and equipments used to determine experimental data include cut models of 4 stroke diesel engine, 2 stroke petrol engine, 4 stroke and 2 stroke petrol engines with required specifications, multi cylinder SI engine ,single cylinder diesel engine for performance and speed test.
CAD / CAM LABORATORY
- The CAD/CAM center has been created exclusively to cater training of all students in the latest CAD and CAM software's.
- The software available include AUTOCAD, PRO-E , SOLIDWORKS, CATIA, ANSYS and CAM software like EDGECAM, CNC TUTOR, We also have the CNC trainers namely CNC Trainer lathe and CNC trainer milling, The offline simulation software certification courses are being run for students in PRO-E package by the in-house faculty. Here, students love to spend hours together practicing these high end software in air-conditioned computer labs.
Strength Of Materials And Fluid Mechanics And Machinery Laboratory
- Testing of materials for their strength under the action of external loads are studied in this lab. Knowledge of strength of Metals and nonmetals is essentials before its use in any structure and designing.
- Fluid Mechanics and Machinery equipment needed to impart practical knowledge to the students in the essential area of Mechanical Engineering.
- Hydraulic Impulse and Reaction type Turbines, Centrifugal and reciprocating pumps and Flow measuring equipment are some of the examples of the equipment in this lab.
Kinematics And Dynamics Laboratory
- The lab has various models to demonstrate the important concepts of Kinematics of Machines.
- Besides these, equipments necessary for providing practical understanding of the important concepts of balancing of machine parts, vibrations in machine parts, flywheels and gear drives are studied in it.
Metrology And Measurements Laboratory
- Measurement and Metrology is one the most important areas related to Quality Control – as found on shop floors. The lab has fully developed set of equipments to make the students industry ready.
- Our College has the state-of-art Mechatronics laboratory. This laboratory comprises Design of circuits with logic sequence using Electro pneumatic trainer kits, Simulation of basic Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electric circuits using software, Simulation of Circuits with multiple cylinder sequences in Electro pneumatic using PLC and Servo controller interfacing for open loop.
- This laboratory equips the students to practice the interdisciplinary applications of Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical and Computer Systems for the Control of Mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.