Hydraulic Engineering Laboratory
- Study about behaviour of fluids is important for a Civil Engineer.The whole world is looking for a change in energy.
- Hydraulic energy is an efficient alternative which does not pollute the environment.
- The laboratory is also installed with Centrifugal, Gear, Submersible and Reciprocating pumps.
- Also students know about the flow measurements such as rota meter, venturimeter and orificemeter.
Strength of Materials Laboratory
- The materials used in construction works should be of good quality. The quality of the materials is tested in Strength of Materials Laboratory.Strength of Materials Laboratory is modernized with latest equipments
- Strength of Materials Laboratory is modernized with latest equipments
- Tests on materials including steel, wood and beam are performed
- All the machineries are maintained properly. Materials test frame “Universal Testing Machine” of capacity 40 tons is a distinctive feature of this laboratory
Water and Wastewater analysis Laboratory
- Water Pollution is one of the major problems, the earth is facing nowadays. The water available on the earth is more polluted on account of anthropogenic reasons
- The water used for drinking, domestic, industrial and irrigational purposes should have the above said parameters within the limits
- Water and wastewater analysis laboratory is well equipped with high end spectrophotometer, BOD incubator, COD analyser, flame photometer, dessicator, jar test apparatus
- For a Civil Engineer, knowledge about landforms is more important. Levelling is essential in the construction of roads, railways and bridges. For preparation of maps, surveying knowledge is essential
- Excavation works such as cutting and filling can be performed using surveying instruments
- Theodolite and dumpy level are available in adequate quantity
Soil Mechanics Laboratory
- Soil plays a vital role in construction activities
- It is critical to quantify the various properties of soil in order to predict its behaviour under different loading conditions for the safe design of soil structures
- The entire load of the structure is carried to the soil. So the study of behavior of soil is important. In soil mechanics lab, various Engineering properties of soil are studied.
Construction Materials and Highway Engineering Laboratory
- Every quality Engineer has an aim to bring out a quality structure. The quality of a structure depends on the quality of the materials used
- In construction materials and highway engineering laboratory, tests will be conducted to check the quality of fine aggregates, coarse aggregate, concrete, bricks and blocks.
- Compression testing machine is available to test the strength of bricks, concrete, cement and wood. Impact testing machine is used to find the toughness of aggregates